Thursday, March 24, 2011

Frittata

It's no secret that I like eggs -- I would have them for every meal if I thought I could get away with it. I especially like doing an egg dish for dinner because it is a different protein and there are so many options with the egg. Sometimes it's quick -- last night we had an easy (read: non authentic) version of heuvos rancheros. And tonight I had a frittatta planned -- a little more work, but not much and definitely worth it.

The thing about frittata recipes is that so many call for heavy cream or lots of cheese. Of course those frittatas taste amazing. But we're working really hard on healthy eating that I searched for a recipe that was on the lighter side. The Simply Recipes website has never failed me, and this was no exception. A quick search turned up Spinach Frittata, a delicious combination of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and goat cheese.

It was easy, it was fast (under 30 minutes to get dinner on the table), and it was beautiful. I am regretting that I didn't take a picture. Even better, there's plenty left over for my lunch tomorrow!

No comments: