Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Re-Disclosure

So two days into my twelve days and I fell off the proverbial wagon. No, I haven't had wine or any other alcohol. I haven't had non-whole grains. In fact, it's been a lot easier than I thought. With the exception of one thing: dairy. In the words of Tim McGraw, I like, I love it, I want some more of it!

And it's really not a major component of the meals, but last night I grilled some chicken and had that with whole wheat pasta, spinach and tomatoes. Not bad. But it would have been so much better with a sprinkling of fresh grated Parmesan.

Today for lunch I had black beans, diced tomatoes, and green onions. A very healthy delicious lunch But how much better would it have been with a touch (say tablespoon) of sour cream or a bit of jack cheese.

I've given this a lot of thought and asked myself why I chose this particular 12-day food thing. It's just not me. I like food. I like bold flavors and dairy is an important part of food life (at least in my world).

So, my revised plan is to go with the exchange program and add dairy products back in. As long I am following the exchanges I've set up and the exercise program then I will feel good about myself. I don't need an "expert" to (in)validate my choices.

Oh, and by the way: tonight I had a salad, lean beef, and broccoli. AND a petite ice cream cone. And guess what? No guilt. Because it all fits into my meal plan.

No comments: