Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Easy Burst of Flavor

For the past couple of days I have had a craving for grilled mushrooms. So last night I put some mushrooms on skewers and grilled them (without oil or seasoning) until they were just a bit soft and beginning to release their juices. I flash cooked some strips of lean beef and made brown rice and steamed green beans. When the mushrooms were done I put them in a bowl and and tossed them with just a smidgen (chef-speak, no really, for a little bit) of olive oil and a sprinkling of kosher salt. They would have also been good with some balsamic as well. As it was, they were deep, earthy, and juicy. They added just the right texture to the meal. Yum!

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

that sounds fantastic. Wish my husband liked mushrooms like I do. Well, I really LOVE them, so even a little liking on his part would be enough!