Friday, January 4, 2008

Post-swimming Dinner

Dinner reviews:
little j: "It was good. It was delicious. I liked the special crepes, especially the honey with cinnamon."

Big J: "The poached eggs were really good with the crepes."

All around a good dinner with on-hand ingredients. After work, Big J took little j swimming so I had some extra time to myself in early evening. I wanted to do something for dinner that would be easy and have some staying power since I wasn't sure exactly what time they would be home.

On our Friday night menu: Crepes!

I actually made two: a savory crepe and a sweet crepe. But I accidentally served the sweet crepe with dinner (oops!). No matter, it still turned out okay. For little j, I included scrambled eggs and a side of mixed vegetables. For Big J and I, I sauteed spinach and placed it in four crepes then topped them with poached eggs and some grated Parmesan. This was a combination I hadn't tried before, and it turned out great.

For dessert, I chopped some bittersweet chocolate and stirred it into some warm heavy cream for crepes with chocolate sauce. Although little j preferred hers with honey. So after I flipped the crepe I drizzled it with honey and added a sprinkle of cinnamon, folded it and slid it on a plate and finished it with a dash of cinnamon-sugar. She loved it.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I want to come for dinner! Is it poor etiquette to invite myself to your online dinner? Can't wait to make the bean soup.
Sherri