Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Another Food Aversion Conquered

Tonight I made beef stroganoff, one of my very favorite dinners.  I was pleasantly surprised when little j walked into the kitchen  where I was chopping mushrooms and stated, "Yum!  Mushrooms."  Next hurdle, shallots.  She saw those and asked if they were going to be with the mushrooms.  I told her yes, but assured her they were more mild than onions. 

I was pretty certain that when all was said and done, she wouldn't like the dish.  This was mainly because of the sour cream.  But again she surprised me when she said, "Mom, this is really good."  Wow!  I feel great!  There are days that I really like cooking and today was one.  I need to work on my own version of the stroganoff, I'm almost ready to share the recipe, but I have a few tweaks to make.  It helps to know it is a dish that little j will be happy to have again!

1 comment:

Wild Cayuse Creek said...

Stroganoff! Stroganoff! Stroganoff!

Mmmm, one of my favorite comfort foods that I don't have often enough. I can't wait for your recipe.