Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Couple Food Thoughts

Last night we went out to Tavola to celebrate Big J's last day of his 30s. I experienced heaven on a fork in the form of roasted garlic puree. I must learn to make this!

Also, after little j went to bed, Big J and I watched Julie and Julia. I have shied away from this movie simply because I didn't particularly care for the book Julie and Julia, although I loved My Life in France. The movie confirmed my feeling about Julie Powell's book, although Amy Adams is so endearing it was hard not to like her. Meryl Streep was a wonder, as usual, in her portrayal of Julia Child. I would have been much happier without Julie.

As it was, it reminded me why I continue to adore Julia Child and why I love to cook -- anything that is equal parts creativity and science and results in the sublime cannot be bad.

No comments: