Big J asked me last night what my cooking plans were for the new year. Here are a few things I would like to work on:
- Cutting up a chicken. I really don't like touching raw chicken, let alone cutting one up. This is going to be a challenge!
- Pie crust. I admit it...I'm not good at pie crust, and I really want to be!
- Canning. I would love to do more of this in the coming year.
- Fresh pasta. I'd like to be able to make a killer ravioli and learn more techniques for shaping.
- Using whole grains. One of the things that I am excited about with Supernatural Cooking is learning about different kinds of grains and how to incorporate them into our meals.
- New meats. I really want to cook duck; make beef cheeks; and generally experiment with some new (to me) and not so common meats and cuts of meat.