Friday, May 8, 2009

My Sage Exploded!

About a week ago I had this nice compact sage plant in my herb garden. Then we had a week of rain. I walked outside this morning (nearly blinded by the sun -- it had been so long since I'd seen it I'd forgotten how bright it actually was) and was immediately drawn to "The Sage Plant that Ate That Girl's House!" Okay, maybe not that big, but big enough to know that I need to trim and use some sage this weekend. So, for dinner tonight: Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Apples and Sage Pesto. Super easy meal -- and all I need to do it grab some walnuts to make the pesto. Nice!

On a separate, but totally cool, garden note: I also was looking at the strawberry plants that I recently transplanted from awful garden spot to pot and the leaves had water droplets on each point. I am in awe of the symmetry of nature.

No comments: