Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Thoughts

In my last post I mentioned that I had made organic tater tots for little j -- and then today in the NYT there is this interesting article by Mark Bittman and how we eat; specifically that organic junk food is still junk food. Point taken.

The second thought concerns my recent meal of the cabbage, beans, protein, salsa. This morning I saw a recipe for Japanese Pizza. What a perfect base for almost anything! I was thinking that it sounded particularly good as a base for my own creation. Imagine how good it would be with shrimp and some lime -- or a pseudo fish taco with the cabbage as a base, lightly sauteed fish, cucumber, cilantro, and drizzle of your favorite sauce. Really, the possibilities are endless, and who doesn't need more cabbage in their diet!

1 comment:

Wild Cayuse Creek said...

Two responses...

I love tater tots, both the word and the food.

Cabbage is not my friend.