Monday, March 16, 2009

Odd, But Tasty, Lunch

Day 1 is going well. I haven't been struck by cravings -- even little j's leftover donuts are still sitting around. I started off the morning with a bowl of oatmeal topped with strawberries and 1/2 a banana and two cups of creamless coffee.

After an apple around 10:30, I came home for lunch. I honestly had no idea what I was going to have, but knew that there was a mish-mash of leftovers in the fridge. So here's what I came up with:

I tossed some shredded cabbage with a little olive oil and lime juice and topped that with about 1/2 cup of warmed black beans (no seasoning), about 4 ounces of sliced sirloin (one of the best cuts of beef you can buy, lean and delicious), added a couple tablespoons of a delicious tomatillo and avocado salsa we made for shrimp tacos on Saturday, and then squeezed a couple lime wedges over the whole thing.

Not bad my friends. In retrospect I could have added chopped red bell pepper and perhaps some cucumber. But I can definitely see this making a return to the lunch table!

No comments: