Monday, January 12, 2009

A Quick and Most Delicious Salmon

I'm a big fan of salmon. I think this partially comes from being a Northwest native, maybe from growing up having fish every Friday. Whatever the reason, when I see good salmon I generally buy it.

With Big J out of town our dinners are pretty simplistic, and I was looking for a new quick and easy way to prepare a small salmon fillet. I turned to the Bitten Blog -- always a good resources for simple ways to prepare good food.

Sure enough I found an absolutely perfect way to cook salmon: Salmon Roasted in Butter. Decadent, sure. But Mr. Bittman also gives variations using olive oil, which would cut down on the saturated fat.

I served the salmon with wild rice and roasted cauliflower and asparagus.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I needed this! Wonderful . . .

BTW - Did I already tell you that I made your Turkey Pot Pie and it rocked the house?! I made biscuits and baked them on top - because we had no pie crusts in the holler that day. YUMMMMM!