Thursday, June 19, 2008

That Girl is Back in the Kitchen

While I was on vacation I gave some real thought to what I wanted to post on this blog. I think I am going to go with some of my favorite recipes, drinks, new recipes (both successes and failures), and general food discussion. (Note to self: I need to be better about food photos!)

So tonight I want to share a quick summer salad that totally hits the spot. It's a take on the classic nicoise, but something you can whip up in about 10 minutes (or less).

Easy Summer Nicoise

2 hearts of romaine chopped
1 chopped tomato or a dozen (or so) grape tomatoes
1 can tuna packed in water
12 pitted Kalamata olives, quartered
2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
4 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced

Toss the first 4 ingredients in a salad bowl. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and minced garlic. Toss dressing with salad. Divide into two bowls and top with eggs. Serve with fresh ground pepper if desired. (Serves 2.)

No comments: