Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Strange Dinner

little j was sick today. We're not quite sure what happened, but she threw up this afternoon and was generally feeling yucky. Of course since we had to deal with that Big J and I didn't feel much like eating. But around 7 p.m. little j said she was hungry so Big J fixed her noodles and he and I talked about what we wanted. I had planned to make Cuban sandwiches, but Big J said he really wanted the flank steak that I got out of the freezer a couple days ago.

So we put some olive oil, salt and pepper on the steak and grilled it for three minutes each side. Big J warmed up some corn (for me) and flour (for him) tortillas, and I served up the sliced flank steak with the tomatillo salsa (another use!), crema, and romaine lettuce with cider vinegar and olive oil. Totally simple, really quick and very good.

And as a side note, the flank steak was from Polyface Farm. Delicious. One of the best steaks we've had.

No comments: