Tuesday, February 12, 2008

An Unexpected Treat

Today we drove to Indian Rocks Beach just outside of Tampa and right on the Gulf of Mexico. An odd destination perhaps, but we were staying with my former boss and his wife in their "winter home" for two nights. On the first night we went to Crabby Bill's and had the most delicious seafood. We shared two dozen oysters on the half shell -- much better than I expected -- and gator nuggets which I would classify as chewy and a bit odd ("takes like chicken" is the most accurate description).

For my main entree I had the broiled seafood platter with scallops, shrimp, some white fish and a stuffed crab. Big J had the Stone Crab claws. He chose wisely because they were so good. Plus little j had fun cracking them with the mallot. little j had mac and cheese (read: Kraft) and applesauce.

No comments: