Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tuesday Tostadas

I fixed one of Big J's favorite dinners tonight -- Black Bean and Chicken Tostadas. It is such an easy meal of tortillas (I use flour because I am the only one of the three of us that likes corn) topped with black beans, shredded grilled chicken, Mexican cheese (such as cojita), sour cream, and romaine tossed with olive oil and tangy cider vinegar.

For me, it is really the romaine and cider vinegar that makes the tostada. I love that tang in contrast to the earthy black beans coupled with the creamy cheese and sour cream.

As usual, little j ate a "deconstructed" tostada. I have to wonder when she will be willing to mix foods.

2 comments:

Wild Cayuse Creek said...

Have you tried the corn/flour tortillas? So good. Sort of like the best of both worlds.

That Girl said...

No! I don't think I've ever seen them, but they sound really good. The search is on!