Monday, January 14, 2008

I set off the smoke alarm!

Another roast chicken night, but this time instead of using my regular All-Clad pan I decided to try it out in the cast iron frying pan. It was a good idea because it really browned the skin better than the other pan. However, I didn't put foil on the rack below and it splattered on the element and filled the kitchen with smoke. I tried opening the front door and back door, but it's 35 degrees outside, so Big J quickly ended that.

Of course I will use the cast iron again because it really was superior, but I'll be a little more careful about placing foil underneath the pan.

Other elements of the meal included sliced cucumber with a touch of white wine vinegar and very yummy roast carrots and parsnips with an apple juice reduction.

No comments: