Saturday, January 26, 2008

Home made Pizza

Pizza pie! When I stopped at Mona Lisa Pasta a couple weeks ago to get pasta sheets for that Girls Ravioli dish I picked up a ball of frozen pizza dough. Little j helped me shape the pizza dough ( even though she put a hole in the middle of the dough trying to twirl the dough) she did a good job. I used three different types of cheese. Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Gruyere. I took Some ground pork and ground beef we had left over from making meat balls and browned that with some garlic. I also took some mushrooms and sauteed them with red wine and garlic. I used some tomato paste for the sauce and sprinkled dried thyme piled the cheese and on one half spread out the mushrooms and the meat. I had the pizza stone in the oven and the oven preheated @ 425 I cooked the pizza for 15 mins and served it with a arugula salad with shaved Parmesan cheese.

No comments: