Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Night Pizza

Tonight Big J and I picked up little j from school and went out to pizza at Mellow Mushroom. In addition to an amazing beer selection they have really good pizza. I think the success of the pizza, besides good toppings, is the fact that they have the best pizza crust that I have ever had...and this from a woman that routinely either leaves crust on the plate or feeds it to the dog. Mellow Mushroom pizza crust is made from spring water, vitamin-enriched, high gluten flour and wheat germ then finished with plenty of parmesan as it bakes.

Big J and I had a half Kosmic Karma (sun-dried tomatoes, fresh tomato, spinach, feta, pesto) and half House Special (a bunch of everything). I should say that I had Kosmic Karma and Big J had the House Special. little j had cheese pizza.

I also had a really nice porter from somewhere in Ohio. I don't remember the first beer Big J had, but his second beer was a Rye and it was quite possibly the most bitter beer I have ever tasted. It was so bitter I almost spit it out. Blah! But Big J liked it.

We concluded our dinner with Arch's Frozen Yogurt, a Charlottesville institution. little j chose a vanilla kiddie cone with marshmallows and Big J and I shared a small blueberry cheesecake. It was nice to have an evening away from the kitchen -- or have Big J take care of dinner, as he put it.

No comments: