Sunday, June 29, 2008

An Unwanted Break

For the last five days I have only wanted to eat bland foods. I had some sort of virus that not only completely drained my energy, but also took away almost all interest in food. This morning, however, I woke up feeling 100 percent better. And my first thought was that I wanted a good dinner and a nice glass of wine. And that's just what I got.

Big J and little j stopped by the store this afternoon and picked up a couple Delmonico cut steaks (or boneless rib eye). This isn't a cut that we have very often, but it turned out to be delicious with exceptional marbling that cooked up perfectly on the grill. We also had red flannel mashed potatoes, zucchini, and cantaloupe. Big J and I opened a nice bottle of Barbera and we celebrated all being back at the table together.

No comments: