Sunday, March 16, 2008

Delicious Leftovers

Last night, as mentioned in the previous post, we had smoked turkey. Big J is quite the master of the barbecue and makes a mean smoked turkey breast. Of course we had plenty of leftovers.

I had planned to go to the grocery store today and had a delicious turkey lettuce wrap planned with the leftovers, mango, and a curry dressing all wrapped in bibb lettuce. Unfortunately my meeting went longer than planned and I didn't leave school until 5:40, so the major shopping was out and I resorted to the neighborhood store and bought tortillas, avocado, and scallions.

I shredded some cheese and melted it on the tortillas and put the turkey, chopped scallions, sliced avocado, curry mayonnaise, and lettuce on the table and let everyone make their own wraps. Not exactly what I had planned, but pretty good for throwing something together in about 10 minutes.

No comments: